Quidditch Nederland offers various memberships. Below is a brief description of the different options. You can find our complete, official membership policy here.
To participate in the Dutch league and other tournaments, membership of Quidditch Nederland is mandatory. You do not need to register as an individual member of Quidditch Nederland yourself: your team will arrange this for you.
The individual membership costs €15,- per season* and will be collected by your primary team. In addition to supporting quidditch development in the Netherlands, becoming a member also provides you with the following benefits:
- members can make a claim on different QNL funds, such as getting a first aid certificate.
- members have (through their team) a vote in the (annual) general meetings as well as several QNL decisions.
- members receive a discount on certification tests for referees.
Teams must re-register every season * at Quidditch Netherlands. Two different forms of team membership are available.
Competitive Team Membership (€50,-/season)
Developing Team Membership (€10,-/season)
Benefits of a Team Membership:
- a registered team can participate in official national tournaments.
- a registered team can participate in the official national competition, the Dutch Quidditch League. Note: A competitive team membership is required for this.
- a registered team can qualify for international competitions.
- a registered team can count on the help of Quidditch Nederland and can claim subsidies and funds.
- a registered team is represented through Quidditch Nederland within the European Quidditch Federation and the International Quidditch Association.
*A membership is entered into for the duration of one season. The QNL-season runs from 1 August through 31 July in the following year. If you become a member halfway through the season, it means your membership runs from then till the end of that specific season. You will pay for a full season no matter what.